Instagram is an excellent marketing platform that can be used by e-commerce entrepreneurs to develop their online store.
Whether you’re just getting started or your sales are already worth thousands of dollars a month, Instagram is a valuable tool to use to your advantage.
You can use Instagram in different ways to develop your e-commerce: promotion of your latest articles, acquisition of new customers and even direct communication with customers. In 2019, Instagram reached 1 billion active users per month.
What a great marketing opportunity for companies that want to sell their products to the greatest number without having to spend a fortune on commercials! For a good integration of Instagram to your e-commerce, it is essential to use hashtags to your advantage because they are irreplaceable resources to develop your brand, expand its scope and establish its authority.
That said, we are well aware that even the most experienced people in social networking often have trouble finding the best hashtags for e-commerce on Instagram.
That’s why we wrote this article. We want to help you better understand how hashtags work on Instagram and easily find the ones that will bring you the most likes. When you have finished reading, you will have all the tools you need to get your online store off the ground.
Embedding Instagram hashtag feed on the website is also a great way to engage more website visitors. Embed Instagram hashtag feed also increases the dwell time of website visitors.
What is a hashtag on Instagram?
A hashtag on Instagram is a word (or phrase) preceded by the “#” sign (called a hashtag, hash, square, or even cross), which is used in the description or comments of a publication. Hashtags help Instagram organize and index the content, which then allows the platform to present it to interested users. If you are often on social networks, you have probably already seen hashtags in action.
Why use hashtags on Instagram?
On Instagram, hashtags have different goals. Here are a few :
- More Likes: Instagram users with a particular interest are probably looking for the hashtags associated with this theme. So by using hashtags with your content, you are more likely to find you and discover your brand. That’s why it’s always good to identify the best hashtags to get likes.
- More subscribers: Instagram users who are interested in a certain niche are probably looking for hashtags related to this niche. As a result, the use of good hashtags expands your reach and allows more people to discover your content. If they fall on your account with hashtags and content they like, they will subscribe surely. This is an ideal situation for any entrepreneur! You promote your products and your brand with already enthusiastic users. In summary, using good hashtags on Instagram is a great way to improve your visibility on the platform.
- More sales: Instagram hashtags are not just a way to increase the number of subscribers to your business. Although this is an important result, you can also use them to increase your online sales. If you use niche-specific hashtags when promoting your products, you’ll attract the attention of potential buyers interested in the content-related articles. You will be able to boost sales of your shop with well thought out hashtags used with attractive content.
- Tracking Instagram hashtags: If you have a professional profile (Instagram Business), you have Insights to measure the performance of your hashtags. Instagram has recently added this feature so you can analyze the effectiveness of the hashtags used by looking at the number of views or impressions of your posts.
- Hashtag subscriptions on Instagram: Instagram now allows you to subscribe to hashtags! This means that you can subscribe to a theme or community that interests you in the same way that you subscribe to a user. Just search for the hashtag you’re interested in and subscribe to it. You then receive all new posts with this hashtag on your Instagram feed.
- Hashtags embedded in your Instagram biography: The ability to add clickable hashtags (and usernames) in your Instagram biography is another great 2018 novelty for hashtags on Instagram. Develop an effective biography and promote your favorite hashtag from the start.
- Hashtags embedded in your Instagram stories: You also have another way to add hashtags to your Instagram profile with Instagram stories. The Search and Explore page allows you to find hashtags added to stories. Thus, if a user searches for the hashtag that you have associated with your story, it will appear in the story feed at the top of the page.
How to find the best Instagram hashtags
Now that we’ve seen the benefits of hashtags on Instagram, let’s see how to spot the best ones for your online store. To manage your e-commerce, spend a little time looking for the best hashtags for the likes, especially those related to your niche.
In terms of the marketing strategy for your online store, it’s important to make decisions based on tangible data.
Instead of using the most popular Instagram hashtags, it may be best to favour those that are most relevant to your business or target to increase the chances of being recognized by the industry or audience. So choose your hashtags strategically.
Here’s how to capture the best Instagram hashtags for your account:
1. Know who your audience is
If you’re just adding popular Instagram hashtags at the end of your posts, you’re not going to expand your audience. Examine what interests and what you’re looking for, then try to include the corresponding hashtags. If you add the keywords that the targeted audience is looking for, you will have more chance of discovering them.
2. Research your competitors
By observing the hashtags used by your competitors on Instagram, you can find those that are the subject of the greatest number of interactions. This does not necessarily mean that you have to compete with these hashtags or copy them, but they may orient the image and feel of your Instagram posts.
3. Find Instagram influencers
Instagram influencers are people who do particularly well on social networks. One of the best ways to find out which hashtags to use on Instagram is to go to the influencers in your core business. Analyzing the hashtags they use and the interactions that flow from them will give you valuable insights.
4. Take advantage of the tools
You can use different tools to get the information you need to set the best Instagram Hashtags and earn likes. Whatever your online activity is, there are hashtags related to it.